Easter Sunday 2021 or Palm Sunday is less than 14 days away. In most parts of Abuja and Nigeria, people have started mentally planning meals to cook or order for upcoming house parties, get togethers and other forms of celebrations to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Some people gain a lot of weight this period due to the availability of tasty delicious foods in most houses. We realized this will be a good time to share some tips that can help you not gain unwanted weight this Easter.
- Drink water frequently: Drinking water frequently can help you feel full and also stops you from falling for fake hunger pangs. Just because your stomach growls a bit doesn’t always mean you are hungry. It might just be a drink of water you need. Carry bottled water wherever you go to drink more.
- Drink a lot of tea: Stay away from teas filled with lots of sugar. Thankfully, there are so many tea shops in Abuja. Buy black teas and green teas in Abuja here. If possible drink them hot and frequently without sugar and milk.
- Wear more tight fitted outfits: This sounds funny but true. It’s easier for you to eat more when wearing free clothes. . Opt for fitted tops, shirts, dresses and clothing items this period. You will be more conscious about your body and this can prevent unnecessary weight gain
- Watch out for portion sizes: It’s a celebratory season after all, enjoy some goodies but watch out for the quantity you eat per time because all this can add up to quick weight gain.
- Sleep early: Did you know sleeping early can prevent unnecessary late night eating or drinking? When possible, hit the sheets on time.
- Cut down visiting trips: Well! Visiting more friends and family this season means more opportunities for binge eating! If you must visit your loved ones this season, try not to accept every thing served. You can give excuses like ”I just ate before coming” to reduce the pressure from them. This can prevent unnecessary weight gain.
It’s just 12 days away till Easter Sunday but with these tips you won’t have to add weight. Find this helpful? Please share on your social media platforms. Thank you
Have you signed up for a free account on AbujaFoodDeliveryMart? Sign up now and get 1,000 naira off your next grocery order!