On a less busy day or restful weekend you can try this easy Nigerian popcorn recipe at home. It will cost you less than 2000 naira.
- Get a pack of your favorite brand of popcorn seeds. Measure 6 tablespoons of seeds into a seperate bowl.
- Heat up three (3) tablespoons of vegetable oil in a deep pot.
- Add four (4) popcorn seeds and close the pot.
- Wait until all seeds have popped.
- Add the remaining popcorn seeds from step 1 into the pot and close lid.
- Remove the pot from the fire and wait for about 32 seconds.
- Place pot back on the fire and wait till most of the popcorn seeds have popped.
- When the rate of popping corns have reduced, open pot lid and add granulated sugar and mix popcorn thoroughly (Optional)
- Add a tablespoon of cooking butter and mix (Optional)
- Remove the pot from the fire and pour out popcorn into another bowl.
Enjoy your tasty home-made popcorn.