Honey is a sweet fluid made by honeybees using the nectar of flowering plants. It contains mostly sugar, as well as a mix of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, iron, zinc, and antioxidants. You can use it as a natural sweetener. It is used as an anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial agent. People commonly use honey orally to treat coughs and topically to treat burns and promote wound healing. Research on it for specific conditions includes:
- Cardiovascular disease. Antioxidants in honey might be associated with a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Cough. Studies suggest that some types of honey can act as a reliable cough suppressant for some people with upper respiratory infections and acute nighttime cough.
- Gastrointestinal disease. Evidence suggests it might help relieve gastrointestinal tract conditions such as diarrhea associated with gastroenteritis. Honey might also be effective as part of oral rehydration therapy.
- Neurological disease. Studies suggest that it might offer antidepressant, anticonvulsant and anti-anxiety benefits. In some studies,it has been shown to help prevent memory disorders.
- Wound care. Topical use of medical grade has been shown to promote wound healing, particularly in burns.
Start enjoying all these wonderful benefits of it today. Get raw unadulterated honey delivered quickly to your doorstep from AbujaFoodDeliveryMart – Abuja’s no1 online grocery store e