Hi hi. My name is Martha, a content curator at AbujaFoodDeliveryMart. I’ve recently mothered a newborn (a foodie 😃)
I started with Similac 1 and later on switched to Sma Gold 1. I’ll like to give my honest review on both brands.
- As at Feb 2022 it cost 5,000 naira per can.
- It requires more effort to mix well in water (you might need to use a spoon to stir the milk in water before pouring it into a bottle) This is done to reduce gas in your baby’s belly.
- Scarce in Abuja. I had to check over 7 shops in one night and drive around town to get this formula at a time. I finally found some cans at the Hmedix Wuse store.
- Isn’t sugary ( I licked some of the powder to check)
Sma gold 1
- More affordable compared to Similac 1 (it was 3600 but then recently went up to 4000-4200 naira)
- More sugary compared to Similac.
- Easier to find (available in most supermarkets I walk into)
- Easier to dissolve in water (no time to mix with a spoon when my baby is throwing hunger-fueled tantrums.
Point of view: I liked that Similac1 was less sugary but at that point in time Sma gold 1 hit it right with me for the other reasons listed.
Which brand of infant formula have you used for your baby?